1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Did anyone take part in the march today?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by RKM, Mar 26, 2011.

1. RKM

RKM

I wanted to go but my little one has been unwell.
    Did other people go? How was it?

2. RKM

RKM

I wanted to go but my little one has been unwell.
    Did other people go? How was it?

3. I went and really glad to be part of something so important.
    Very well attended, sore feet from all the waiting to start, due to the very large numbers. We didn't see any of the negative stuff now seeing on the news, just everyone together in just cause!

4. Just got back! Went with NUT and had an amazing time. Took us 4 hours to get from Charing Cross to Trafalger Square (the very long way round), with a really positive, friendly atmosphere. Lots of different people, from all walks of life and lots of different unions.
    I'm just watching the news footage of the idiots setting fires and smashing windows, and it's really ****** me off. That was the main focus of the BBC report I've just seen, and that's not what the march was about.

5. We've been back about an hour. I persuaded members of my family to come along and we had a really good time. As someone said it fet good to be part of something positive. We didn't see any of the violence but one sister got locked in a shop. My feet are aching now though.