1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Did anyone get help with childcare during PGCE?

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by sarahg1976, May 25, 2011.

  1. I don't know what the thresholds are but apply anyway! Even if you are only entitled to a small percentage of it it is better in your pocket than theirs!
    I was very lucky that i received the full 85% during each of the 4 years of my course. During my final year my husband also went back to college full time and he was able to claim the other 15%!!
    Hubby is now at university and although i am working full time (first as supply and now as full time MP1) we are still getting the full 85% through his student finance.

    Need it too as nursery costs £172 per week and older children are at breakfast club for another £40.
     
  2. Hi

    I'm not sure what the thresholds is but I got the maximum childcare costs covered - my costs (for three children) are £300 a week and I get about £245 a week support for this. My husband earns about £34K and so all I can say for sure was that we were under the threshold!

    Not sure if that's any help!

    Freya
     
  3. Thats a huge help, thanks!
     

Share This Page