1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Did anyone else forget to fill in the census?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by madenglishgirl, Mar 28, 2011.

1. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

Same here...I received it in the post so lon ago that I've tidied it away somewhere and now I can't find it! Gutted, as I love filling in the Census [​IMG]

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Me. Oh, the shame...

3. Don't they fine you for not filling it out?

4. A grand :/

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Well, it's done now - did it online.

6. Well I rebelled. I refuse to do paperwork on a given date. [​IMG]
    I shall get round to it soon...when I feel like it. My circumstances will be as they were yesterday. They'll have heck of a job on their hands fining everyone who is late sending it back or filling it in.
    Oh I know I am merely delaying the inevitable....but it's a matter of principle. Now that I am a rebel I feel I ought to pierce my nose and dye my hair green.

7. I only just read this very morning that many couldn't fill it in, as the server crashed or summat.
    I find the idea very alien, I have to admit.

8. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

We have a situation where I was staying at my Mum's house on Census night and my youngest's boyfriend was round at our house. Mrs MSB is quite concerned/amused that some future family historian will see the returns and assume she got a young man in while hubby was away at his mother's.
    Also, because I didn't do any supply work last week I'm going to look like some sort of middle-aged job dodger to said future family historian ;-)

9. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

I wonder if you will be in the "lucky" 10% of the German population selected to take part in May [​IMG]

10. Filled in the paper copy...not posted it yet though. Best head out now to do that!!

11. When future relatives check the census for details of great-great-great-auntie bethannie, they will find out she was born abroad, came over to Britain and claimed benefits!
    (I <u>did</u> work, for many years....just not recently!)

12. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

You could be a daily mail headline [​IMG]

13. We didn't fill in a census form and we're not going to because we weren't sent one! Has anyone else been missed out? Maybe future family history bods will think we've died young!

14. It doesn't help that I ticked the box that says I have no passport does it!
    (I used to have one.....but never renewed it when it ran out...it was too expensive, and I never travel these days!.....I'm not here illegally, honest!)

15. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

No, it just keeps getting worse [​IMG]

16. Filled mine in when it came

I would have added guests if necessary and not worried about it if someone had died (I think I would have more to worry about)

17. Filled mine in on line.
    First part then first personal info bit. Tried to submit but it wouldn't let me because person two hasn't filled in their personal bit. Person two is my grandson and he is bloody 2.
    Thought if I put his name and dob in it would realise and let me submit, no it still wants him to complete his bit.

18. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I was away for the weekend so mrs blazer filled it in for me. I checked it tonight and she made a couple of errors. Firstly she put me down as a Christian! Whicj means i am no longer a jedi. I fancied being a Buddhist this time round. She also ticked me as English and I always refer to myself as British! Still I can put all this right in 2021!

19. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

Left it till the last minute in case our 'visitors' status changed due to unexpectedly having to put up members of a Romanian male voice choir. Well - it could have happened. [​IMG]