1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Did anybody lay a wreath at The Cenotaph...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon2113, Nov 13, 2011.

1. ...for Personal. It has died a death.
    You can hear the wind and see the tumbleweed after every post.
    I note that the three threads that were actually getting responses , over the last week, were locked by Bev.

2. Doglover

Doglover Occasional commenter

I posted on a thread this morning which I now can't find :s

3. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Gone with the wind?

4. QED
    In the day..you would either of had 50 plus posts or your thread would have been half way down page two within an hour.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Me too, Doglover. I wonder what happened to it.

6. Are you saying that theads/posts have been removed today ?

7. Doglover

There was definitely a thread I posted on before I went out to church this morning, which isn't there now.
    I can't remember the poster's name, but it was about their father-in-law's death.

8. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I know the thread you mean Doglover...I've had a quick look, it has definitely gone! There wasn't anything on that thread deserving removal the last time I looked.

9. Unbelievable. I bet there will be no explanation....perhaps TES will offer another Fiat in recompense.

10. Doglover

I agree Bethannie, and it wasn't a new poster, so couldn't have been being pre-moderated.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Perhaps the poster changed their mind? Something like a death is very specific and could, I suppose, identify the poster.

12. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Star commenter

It was me! I asked for the thread to be removed (I started it), not for any sinister reason, but simply because the situation was easily identifiable by a friend of a relative, and caused more angst than we already have in our lives at the moment.
    thats not to say I didnt appreciate the responses some of you made, I did, even where the views differed from my own, but in hindsight probabaly shouldnt have posted in the first place.
    I was pleased the mods deleted it as quickly as they did actually.

13. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

grumbleweed - so did the friend of a relative actually read the thread?

14. Glad you let us know Grumbleweed, I thought I was going abit mad in my search for the thread [​IMG].
    Re: what Bauble said in his OP - I've never known this place to be so quiet but it does mean that I've got on and mowed the lawns, done some ironing and spent this afternoon doing craftwork with my girls.

15. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I haven't used an online bulletin board yet that wasn't so much better a couple of years ago according to its regular users. Certain themes tend to repeat, and it's only natural to get bored of repetition.