1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dictating coursework

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by les25paul, Jul 13, 2011.

1. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

You shouldn't really do it since it means that the work submitted is your's and not the students, but I know its commonplace. Sure it improves the school's grades and keeps Ofsted happy which seems to be the driving force these days in Education.
    What concerns me however is something a friend in Industry told me recently. In his workplace, and its apparently a widespread belief, they treat qualifications based largely on course work as very suspect and don't really count them. Further comments by business leaders on the news following the Government's request to employ British labour only confirm this.
    What can be done to reverse this opinion?

2. freshfriesan

freshfriesan Occasional commenter

yes, and its sanctioned by those above because of the results, and i am not worried about it, no rather i am angry about it, it leaves pupils and teachers deskilled. i could go on and on and on about it

3. It would be difficult to prove that you had been asked to do this, as the practise is usually skirted around by euphemisms, such as 'helping a student to improve', etc.