1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dick pictures

Discussion in 'Personal' started by aypi, Jul 14, 2019.

1. aypi

aypi Established commenter

I do not understand why a male would send an unsolicited picture of his "junk" to anyone.
    I do not know how schools deal with male pupils sending such pictures.
    I know my daughter, aged 14 and her friends, treat the boys who send these pictures with ridicule.
    I just do not understand.
    I know it is wrong.
    Help me clarify what I think.

dunnocks likes this.
  2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Maybe because the young males have been too affected by **** or peers and believe having a big one makes them more of a man and more attractive?
    I never understand it and I am a man, but if it's of consolation it's not just adolescents who do this....It seems from my friends that if you chat on a web site they also get inundated with such pictures even when they are getting on a bit!

3. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Erm...how exactly is this 'Education news'??

keyboard2, Jamvic and Mrsmumbles like this.
  4. aypi

aypi Established commenter

"I do not know how schools deal with male pupils sending such pictures."
    They are being sent by school age pupils, maybe I am slow, but it is news to me.

5. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

I went to school with Dick Pictures ...

6. alex_teccy

alex_teccy New commenter

Kids would write Dick Hertz on the paper register and when the supply teacher asked “who’s Dick Hertz?”’ someone would answer “mine does Sir”

7. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

Is it just me who thinks it weird and contradicktory that men simultaneously describe their bits as both 'junk' and 'family jewels'? Such a crazy world we live in!

8. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Yes, and why is it that when I taught every worksheet or fresh display I put up soon acquired a series of badly drawn penises?

emerald52 likes this.
  9. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Meat and two veg surely!

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  10. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

Those that send "youth-produced sexual imagery" or sexting if you prefer are often unaware of the laws they are breaking. I am sure they would be able to identify the crime if you rephrase it as what do you call someone who takes sexual images of someone who is under 18 and distributes them with others.

Schools have an important part to play in educating them of the consequences of such actions. Especially as some parents are not as aware of the issues. If this is happening to your daughter and her friends then I would be informing the appropriate people in the school (whoever leads on PSHE for example).

alex_teccy likes this.
  11. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I can't understand how the swearfilter or the guardians of our behaviour even allowed that thread title!

Mrsmumbles and ilovesooty like this.
  12. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

It is tradition or old charter or rule or something. It's being going on for thousands of years:

Roman graffiti

cissy3 likes this.
  13. Incommunicado

Incommunicado Occasional commenter

To send such a picture, I'd gave to use Dropbox. :rolleyes:

14. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Especially as the didn't allow the "p" word in one of the replies. "P" being the overall category.

15. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

upload_2019-7-15_15-9-50.jpeg

Size matters.
    Coz who wouldn't rather have a BIG car than a small car?

There are BIG cars in this life and then there are
    small cars. You ain't gonna stand out (!!!) from the crowd if you've got a tiddly one, are you?

16. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

I believe the accepted response to this sort of picture is "Ooh - it looks just like a penis only smaller!"

17. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Or "If you must advertise, get a bigger size!"

18. phatsals

phatsals Occasional commenter

I stopped going to my hairdressers when he asked if I'd like to see a pic of his new boyfriend. Ok, no prob. Now, call me old fashioned, but a photo of a loved/liked one, possibly with a cheery grin, on the phone I get. One of said partners, close up 'full glory' shaved bits is another. You certainly wouldn't recognise any one of them on the street.

emerald52 and (deleted member) like this.
  19. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Well you aren't allowed a quick grope or flash opening of the raincoat so what's a man to do?

20. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I think you can leave the thread now. Don't forget your coat.

alex_teccy and emerald52 like this.