1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Diary writing - where are the objectives for this?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cheerychick, May 5, 2009.

1. I'm a little confused as to where diary writing actually comes up in the literacy framework and therefore what the objectives for it are. Could anyone point me in the right direction please! x

2. There are some nice clear posters on ********** KS2 under writing genre checklist sheets which give criteria for non fiction, including diary writing-realise that optional SATS may ask for an imaginative diary entry, but some criteria will match I think-chronological order, valid sentence structures, detailed descriptions, time connectives, names of people and places etc.

3. <font face="Comic Sans MS"><u><font size="2">SUCCESS CRITERIA DIARY WRITING </font></u>

4. Include character&rsquo;s thoughts/feelings/hopes/fears[/LIST]Hope it comes out better with bullet points!

5. Include character&rsquo;s thoughts/feelings/hopes/fears[/LIST]Hope it comes out better with bullet points!

6. upps!

7. Have just done a search on diary writing - I'm looking for ideas for my Year 3/4 class.... has anyone got any ideas for a good teaching resource other than Ann Franks diary??? I'm really stuck.. we are using it as a revision topic cos I think it's in the optional sats????? Nightmare when it is not in the strategy and we haven't covered it.....

8. im sure jacqueline wilson has written something...
    Failing that try writing ur own (I know its time consuming!). We wrote diaries - 'a day in the life of miley cirus' (or any popular footballer).
    Have a search for 'models for writing' - level 3/4 pieces of writing you can adapt.

9. Will do, good idea, thanks...