1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Diary writing frames

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rich-100, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Hi everyone!
    I am doing a BA QTS and have almost completed my first assignment - RE. I ahve really enjoyed the course and am gutted that we ahve only had 5 weeks of RE. The lecturer is great, really helpful and inspiring.
    I have done the assignment too, except I need to find a HA, MA, LA writing frame for a diary entry. Does anyone know where I could get one from?

Thanks

RIch

2. Hi everyone!
    I am doing a BA QTS and have almost completed my first assignment - RE. I ahve really enjoyed the course and am gutted that we ahve only had 5 weeks of RE. The lecturer is great, really helpful and inspiring.
    I have done the assignment too, except I need to find a HA, MA, LA writing frame for a diary entry. Does anyone know where I could get one from?

Thanks

RIch

3. there is a good one on there, thank you. I am going to adapt it to suit a diary, although think this is difficult, as everybody's diary would differ wouldn't it...

4. http://www.rainforestmaths.com/

Go to this site,look in bottom right-link to Writing is Fun-not a diary but lots of other really nice writing frames.

Troll

5. But giving the children a structure to work with would show them how to write a diary entry. Writing frames help enormously to structure children's writing. You can remove the writing frames when children are confident writers.

6. yes, I think the structure will help them alot, especially the weaker members. Would you mind looking at that I've got so far please?

7. up.......

8. I don't mind looking but not sure how much help I would be. Been off with flu like symptoms but feel free to send it if you want. Will ask my OH to look at it too - he used to be an RE coordinator. littlemissmad37@hotmail.co.uk

9. thanks littlemissmad! you're a star!!

10. No probs - glad it could help. Now how about planning for the rest of the week for me ;))

11. thehawk

thehawk Occasional commenter

Maddy: rest of week timetable

Wed: sit at home with cup of hot chocolate
    Thursday: shop on internet for nice Christmas Presents
    Friday: Phone work to say you'll be in on MOnday.

;0)

12. I wish. Back to school tomorrow. Still feel like s*** but feel much better than I have done:(( Haven't a clue what my class has been doing but will find out tomorrow and take it from there.

13. thehawk

My timetable:
    Wed: pretend those Maths thingy's Diva sent me are mine at staff meeting.
    Thursday: Another football match, hopefully lose by less than 10 this time!
    Friday: Not got this far yet!

14. I have taken out a full page ad in Posh Town notifying every school that the thingys are MINE!!!!!

Virtual pressie has not arrived yet!!!!!

15. thehawk

only problem was I already told the HEad and Dep. that they were yours, so probably won't work. I have actually spent an hour this evening working on your virtual thank you present, but left the other bit I neede in school. You will get it soon.........

16. Like the timetable. Thinking about group reading followed by some sort of maths thingey followed by reading comprehension followed by OAA treasure hunt. Nice easy day as I still haven't much of a voice.

OD - how disgusting not sending you a pressie.

thehawk - do the honourable thing and send a pressie through.

17. thehawk

i said i'm working on it!!!

18. When you have had and been exposed to liaisons with Monsieur 'awk behind the bushes you come to expect this!!!!!

19. thehawk

thought it was more under the bush?