1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond Ranking

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ceri2evans, May 8, 2011.

1. Hi
    Just wondering if anyone can explain what and how diamond ranking works?
    I have seen the outline of boxes that are shaped as a diamond but was wondering how it works and if anyone would mind sharing what they have used them previously.

thanks in advance
    x

2. My understanding is that the top is the most important and the bottom one is the least important, so:
    2 2
    3 3 3
    4 4

I've used them in PSHE - the most important attributes of a person. The children start by listing all of the things they think are important in a friend or partner and then you get them to pick the most important 9 and rank them, so you might have:
    Kindness
    Caring Sharing
    Sense of humour Generous Unselfish
    Loyalty Creativity
    Good looking

but you can use them for any ranking activity.

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

The most important factors are placed towards the top of the diamond 9. The least important factors are placed towards the bottom. Factors of equal importance are placed in the same row.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Should have added, I used a diamond 9 in RE - ultimate and non-ultimate questions work. They put the ultimate questions into the diamond in the order of which they would most liked answers to.

5. Thank you so much for that - I like the sound of using them so will def have a go!
    thanks