1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Diagnostic spelling assessments for Key Stage 2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by foxymox, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,
    We are currently in the process of reorganising the way we teach spelling in Key Stage 2 (using Support for Spelling) and I was wondering if anyone could advise on a diagnostic assessment we could use to help us establish exactly where our children are.
    By our own admission, our teaching of spelling has been ad hoc at best (using the spelling bank)and we are pretty much starting over with it. I have managed to locate a good assessment tool in resources for Y3/4 but nothing for upper key stage 2. Any help would be very gratefully received. Thanks

2. Hi everyone,
    We are currently in the process of reorganising the way we teach spelling in Key Stage 2 (using Support for Spelling) and I was wondering if anyone could advise on a diagnostic assessment we could use to help us establish exactly where our children are.
    By our own admission, our teaching of spelling has been ad hoc at best (using the spelling bank)and we are pretty much starting over with it. I have managed to locate a good assessment tool in resources for Y3/4 but nothing for upper key stage 2. Any help would be very gratefully received. Thanks