1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DHT Presentation Question - ?How you will support the Headteacher and the staff in raising our teaching to meet OFSTED outstanding criteria.?

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by Dan100, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Have this presentation for DHT interview next week for the following -
    “How you will support the Headteacher and the staff in raising our teaching to meet OFSTED outstanding criteria.”
    I am thinking along the lines of leading staff through identifying what 'outstanding' looks like as well as a coaching type model throughout school.No visuals allowed and no PowerPoints.
    Any thoughts/views much appreciated!
    “ .”

2. Have this presentation for DHT interview next week for the following -
    “How you will support the Headteacher and the staff in raising our teaching to meet OFSTED outstanding criteria.”
    I am thinking along the lines of leading staff through identifying what 'outstanding' looks like as well as a coaching type model throughout school.No visuals allowed and no PowerPoints.
    Any thoughts/views much appreciated!
    “ .”

3. 2004ajd

2004ajd New commenter

Take care not to teach them how to suck eggs! Myself I'd be starting with the SWOT, SDP. SEF to identify where there were shortcomings in teaching i.e subject knowledge, creativity, behaviour management etc.. Only then could you address these through CPD or perhaps team teaching.

Many teachers know what outstanding looks like; however many teachers do not know how to get there :)

4. Good advice from the poster above. - I've seen some woefully misjudged presentations- remember your audience!! Be passionate.

Trust me on this- as a DHT myself - you need to have VISION and should really be able to answer that. As a DHT you will be expected to have your own ideas and if you have a good Head- they won't direct you- they'll expect you to have the ideas.