1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

DFES/QTS/TRN - I don't think I have any of them.....

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by NWTefl, Sep 6, 2016.

  1. NWTefl

    NWTefl New commenter


    On an application form it asks for one of the above, but as I have never done a PGCE I am unsure if I have ever been given one.

    I have been teaching ESOL/EFL at a Further Education college for many years and have a CELTA and a Certificate of Further Education (and anotehr for ESOL Specialists), but would any of these give me DFES/QTS or TRN numbers?

    I am/was enrolled into the Teacher's Pension service but the information there doesn't appear to list any numbers except the TP number.

    Any ideas anyone ?

  2. splinters

    splinters Established commenter

    You are unlikely to have any of those and not be aware of it I'm afraid.
  3. welshwizard

    welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

    No the Teachers URN is for registered teachers with QTS who have been included on the NCTL database
  4. hhhh

    hhhh Star commenter

    What is it you're applying for? Is it worth calling them and explaining/discussing your situation and history?

Share This Page