1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dfes number - stupid question!!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Sheeee, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Sheeee

Sheeee New commenter

Hi all,

Okay, I realise this is a really stupid question, but I am very very stressed right now with TP2 starting Monday and job application deadlines coming up fast!

Where can I find my Dfes number?!

2. Sheeee

Sheeee New commenter

Hi all,

Okay, I realise this is a really stupid question, but I am very very stressed right now with TP2 starting Monday and job application deadlines coming up fast!

Where can I find my Dfes number?!

3. terri1972

terri1972 New commenter

If you can't find the letter they sent you, what about the print outs from doing QTS tests? Or check your email in box from when you signed up. Good luck!!

4. Hi your DfES number is the same as your GTC registration number that your provider should have given you last term. For future applications, it is also referred to as your DfE number, GTC number, DES, number and teacher registration number. These are all the same thing and is just the number by which you are registered in the GTC.
    James

5. terri1972

terri1972 New commenter

I'm glad you said this James! I was trying to fill in application which asked for two different numbers...I knew I only had one!! [​IMG]
    Terri

6. Sheeee

Sheeee New commenter

Aaahhhh! Thanks Terri for letting me know where I can find it, and thanks James for letting me know it has lots of different names!

7. Does anyone know if American schools have this number as well? I am a licensed teacher from America, but am not finding anything like this?

8. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

I don't know what you mean by licenced teacher ( there is no category here for that) but if you are registered with the GTCE then this would be your reference number.All teachers qualified or unqualified should be registered with them.