1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dfee number

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jennygee75, Mar 4, 2012.

1. I was awarded my dfee number the year i was supposed to graduate.....i ended up repeating my final,year, so did not actually leve the university until the following year. However, I have always used the dfee number given to me and it has never been queried unti now, 13 years later when i am applying for job abroad. Really worried!! Should I request a new dfee number?I just presumed that i was given th number as I had met teaching requirements, and simpy had to repeat my finals the year after. Didnot actually start taching until 4 years after this. Anyone able to help?

2. I'd imagine it's the same. Best check with GTC

3. thanks, disguise. It says on the dfee letter "awarded 1st august 1998".....did not leave uni til 1999. just has never cropped up...until now!

4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I got a number at the end of my 3rd year as, on my course, this gave me an ordinary degree and a Teaching Certificate. I did another year to get Honours but the number is stll the same.

5. Pageant

Pageant Occasional commenter

my dfee number starts with 69 which was when I worked for a year in a school as a student teacher (you could in those days) I didn't go to college until 1971 and qualified in 1974 :)

6. inkyP - you hae no idea how much this has made me feel better!!!

7. oh - and another thing - the first 2 numbers are 97??! when i started in 94....hmmm!