1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DfEE number

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by holly123, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Can anyone help, please?! I have been asked for my DfEE number, but I can't seem to find one. Might sound a bit dim, but is this because I have only ever worked in an independent school? Thanks!

2. Can anyone help, please?! I have been asked for my DfEE number, but I can't seem to find one. Might sound a bit dim, but is this because I have only ever worked in an independent school? Thanks!

3. Hiya, I am graduating in July and I was so confused bout this! i thought it was my QTS skills test number - but its not. Its your teacher reference number that you received from the GTC! They have just changed it from DfES number to Teacher reference. Hope this helps!

4. what about if you get asked for your GTC number and Dfee number like I have done...surely they don`t want you to put the same number twice?

5. Thanks for your replies - indeed I have been asked for my GTC number as well as my DfEE number! Any other offers?! Thanks.

6. They are the same thing. DfEE was Department of Education and Employment, changed to DfES in about 1998, it is now DCSF,but GTC have been issuing Teacher Reference Numbers since about 2001... some LAs need to update their application forms, methinks...