1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DfE launches healthy schools rating scheme

Discussion in 'Education news' started by sportyteach2, Jul 8, 2019.

?

Do you believe that DfE's healthy schools rating scheme will lead to schools reporting honestly?

This poll will close on Jul 29, 2019 at 3:23 PM.
  1. Yes, my school always reports the truth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, this approach leaves open chance to abuse the system

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. sportyteach2

sportyteach2 New commenter

Is the following not a further classic example of where DfE has missed out on another great opportunity to address children's health and wellbeing:

https://www.tes.com/news/dfe-launches-healthy-schools-rating-scheme

Govt guidelines:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/healthy-schools-rating-scheme

When I think of neighbour schools who have been allowed to absolutely flout PE Premium grant given no scrutiny by Ofsted or anybody else, isn't this just an opportunity for the bad schools out there to talk up performance and get awarded for it i.e. self-review; no inspection etc.

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Seems as utterly pointless now as it was when first proposed 3 years ago and then disappeared from sight when Brexit brought normal government to a grinding halt. I wonder why it's reappeared now - couldn't be someone desperately scratching around for something to include in their "political legacy" could it?

What it's not going to do is hold any school accountable for anything since (a) it's voluntary and (b) whatever rating the DfE gives you if you do volunteer is strictly confidential and won't be published by the DfE! So schools that score highly will add it to their marketing pack and the rest will never mention it.