1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Development matters statements

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by martydog, Jul 14, 2015.

1. martydog

martydog New commenter

Does any one have a document with the development matters statements typed out but not just for one child for the whole class?

Last year I typed out all the 30-50 40+ and ELG statements and put the children's names across the top then I highlighted the box when I felt the children where secure with each statement. However the memory stick that I save them on has broke and I thought I would ask before I spend hours typing out all the statements for each area. I have tried looking on line but the only ones I can find are for individual children and I liked it for the whole class as it was easy to spot gaps for a lot of children.

2. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

No, I don't have anything like this because this is not how Development Matters is meant to be used. The statements are just suggestions of what a child might do at a particular age; they are not meant to be highlighted and ticked off like a checklist.

3. May2

May2 Established commenter

Maybe not Kartoshka but don't you have an assessment programme in your school where you have to feed in where each child is and it can show you a colourful grid showing those below those meeting and those exceeding expectations. I can see why Martydog might find it useful but no I haven't got one either.

4. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

It just seems like a lot of effort for something that's not necessary. The loss of this file gives Martydog an opportunity to rethink his/her system of assessment, decide if it could be improved or simplified, rather than simply trying to recreate what has been lost.

(Quotes taken from Development Matters)

5. toty

toty New commenter

6. jomaimai

jomaimai Established commenter

Yes, I do.

I will get them to you as soon as I can. I am on holidays and I do not have them with me.

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

Jomaimai, what do you thin of the post preceding yours on this thread?

8. LauraJeanD

LauraJeanD New commenter

It's not necessary.....why on earth would you need to highlight what they can do from development matters?! What a complete waste of time.

9. clairshield

clairshield New commenter

This is how our LA want us to track out children - highlighting when they can achieve each point pffft!! im against putting children in boxes like this - can i ask how you track childrens progress and learning please.... x