1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Development Matters question Creative Dev.

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by May2, Jul 3, 2011.

1. May2

May2 Occasional commenter

Where it says in 30-50 months Developing Imagination and Imaginative Play 'Develop a repertoire of actions by putting a sequence of movements together'whatdo you take that to mean? Is it as simple as doing actions like in role play put kettle on, make a cup of tea and give it to someone.

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I have always classed it as dance type movements

3. As this is the imaginative play strand and not in 'Creating music and dance' I have always taken it to mean create a sustained role play which involves a sequence of actions of which pretending to pour, stir and serve a cup of tea would be a good example. I would say it is a next step from 'begin to make-believe by pretending', and that its own next step is 'introduce a story line or narrative into their play'.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

oops that will teach me to read properly [​IMG]

5. May2

May2 Occasional commenter

Thanks peoples. I sometimes read these statements so many times that I end up confusing myself !