1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Developing peer and self assessment in my Primary School

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by mrcooldude, Mar 5, 2017.

1. mrcooldude

mrcooldude Occasional commenter

As title says, I'm looking to develop peer assessment and self assessment in my school. Currently, the children will write their own Success Criteria and self assess at the end. As well as this their peers will sometimes give feedback using a grid. In maths the children use a approach which encompasses using talk to improve their understanding - this is also an opportunity for the children to give feedback. We've got the ball rolling but I feel it could be far more effective.

What do you use? Have you got any systems in place that have really moved forward self and peer assessment in your school?

Cheers

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I think it is about embedding the practice and not expecting impact over night - I think that the latter is responsible for the 'failure ' of AFL in many settings to be honest. That and a ' tick list ' approach . Not meant to be a quick fix ? Consider the Weightwatchers model. Agreed goals, small steps, collaborative approach, celebrating success. I deliver on AFL and could possibly dig out some PPTS to support you if you pm me.

Pomz likes this.
  3. mrcooldude

Thanks for this. I have pm'd you!

4. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Great but I need an e mail add ;)

5. mrcooldude

Sorry I'll do that now!