1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Details passed to another head ....

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by sue_d, Jul 23, 2011.

1. I had an interview last week for a post that I really wanted. After three days, they finally called to say that I hadn't got the post but they had been impressed with me at interview and so had passed my name and home phone number on to the head of another school who needed a teacher for September. This was all left in a message and when I tried to ring back yesterday afternoon (just 15 mins after they had left the message) I couldn't get a reply. My questions are, is this usual? If the other head doesn't ring me should I try to ring her? Hope somebody can help.

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I'd leave it with the other head if I were you. It IS a relatively common thing for heads to pass details of candidates they liked but didn't appoint on to colleagues they know are looking for staff, but if s/he still has a vancancy I'm sure s/he'll ring you.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Bad news about not getting the first job, but you may well be in line for a second chance.
    As MM says, a Head will often pass on details of a promising candidate to a fellow Head. But from then onwards, it is all up to Head 2 to make the running, not you.
    If they still have a suitable vacancy, they will get in touch. If they have filled the post, had a funding crisis, or decide that their post isn't quite right for you, then they won't.
    Sorry not to be more hopeful here; it's just sit-back-and-hope-time for you.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

4. Thanks for your responses. I guess I'll sit and wait then! Many thanks