1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dessert suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by beckycharles, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Hello lovely cookery people,
    I am having parents round for dinner on wednesday this week. I'm planning on cooking lamb shanks with pots dauphinoise for main and need some idea for dessert. Something not too heavy as main course is rich. My OH is allergic to eggs which limits the choices somewhat.
    I'd be grateful for any suggestions?
    Thanks!

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Cheesecake.

3. I was going to say trifle as you can prepare it early... but it would have to have eggless sponge.(And I like trifle with egg custard as well)
    What about poached pears, tarte tatin or french apple tart, peach melba?

4. Thanks for your suggestions. I'm making a cheesecake as alternative to xmas pud on the big day. I'm thinking poached pears or tarte tatin maybe the way to go!

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

What about grape brulee?
    Get seedless grapes, large container of greek yoghourt, ditto of whipping or double cream, whip the cream, fold in the yoghourt and the grapes, place in heatproof bowl, thick layer of demerara sugar on top, grill till brown and bubbling, allow to set and serve, can be done in individual dishes as well.

6. That sounds lovely, thanks! and easy which is always good [​IMG]

7. Thanks everyone, I'm spoilt for choice now!

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

It is really easy and fairly light as well. You can use any fruit in it, but grapes are the original ones.