1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Desperation!

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Sardonicus, Feb 11, 2011.

1. I am in serious, immediate need of a school for placement 4 (5 weeks) of my PGCE in Secondary School RE.
    I am studying part time and distance learning with a colege in Birmingham, but live in Gloucester. I need a school within railway or bus commuting distance, as I cannot drive. A sixth form is essential, as my main partnership school has none. Any help would be appreciated.

2. thebishop

thebishop New commenter

If you're prepared to travel to Bristol, I might be able to help, as we don't have a PGCE this year as there was a shortage.Post your e-mail details and i will contact you with details

3. Message gratefully sent!

4. ramaduds

ramaduds New commenter

During my PGCE, to gain post-16 experience in a school without a 6th form, I spent a day in a local college. Of course, this was allowed both by my ITT provider and school placement. It's an idea if your desperate. Getting into a school without a sixth form is better than not getting into a school at all. I would be more concerned on passing my PGCE than having post-16 experience.

5. Contact me. I may be able to help if it is not sorted yet. We have lost the trainee we were expecting and may not be a million miles away! Wish you well.

6. OckhamsRazor

OckhamsRazor New commenter

We are a million miles away (South coast!) but if desperation is that bad, I'll check my messages later on.

7. Message sent to Kaliblue