1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Desperately seeking sympathy

Discussion in 'Personal' started by giraffe, Jun 4, 2012.

1. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

3. I rushed over here ready to dispense sympathy and hugs! It looks fascinating but I appear to have missed it!

4. Munchausen's by internet??!!
    Oh lord! There was a BBC programme about one man who did something similar, part of Fake Britain perhaps. He carried out concerted cyberbullying attacks on some very vulnerable people - just kill yourself messages to young girls etc.
    Made the socks and trolls here look almost benign!

5. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Thank you dancetilyoudrop; how sweet of you! Sorry for the false alarm. It is the title of the BBC programme, but I did think afterwards it wasn't the best title for a thread.

I think we have had a few of these cases of fake illness on TES and it can be really upsetting for those who have supported and sympathised with them. It also engenders an atmostphere of doubt and mistrust of those in genuine need.
    Fortunately, dancetilyoudrop, you haven't succumbed to such cynicism, Bless you!