1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Desperately seeking help for the BTEC first in Public services- Unit 2

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by jodempsey42, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Hello everyone,
    I'm hoping that someone out there can help me out. I've just started teaching the BTEC first Public Services, specifically I am responsible for unit 2 - Public service skills. I'm relatively new to teaching and this subject has never been taught at our school before so i'm lacking in guidance at the moment with this and starting to panic as I have to write all the assignments for it. If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it. I'm also looking for any exemplar work from past students which I usually find helps keep me on the straight and narrow. I know its a lot to ask but i'm feeling rather overwhelmed with it all and a little like a failure.
    Here's hoping....
    Thanks

2. You may get more help over on the PE forum. Pub Servs is often discussed over there.
    Do you have the BTEC in a box resources? They are a good start for new centres.

Link

3. Have you got an email that I can send some stuff to? I have a scheme of work, the assignments, some nice generic powerpoints, etc, etc, that if nothing else will get your some breathing space!

4. Hi there,
    I teach this programme too and have gathered up some good resources. If you need any further help or advice, please contact me through this forum.
    Kind Regards

5. Hi,
    I hope you don't mind me writing to you. I too am teaching 1st Dip Public Services Unit 2 for the 1st time. Can you help?
    Steve
    s.hunter@wnsc.ac.uk

6. Hi there, I couldn't help but notice from the forum that you have been teaching Unit 2 from public services. I'm having a slight panic attack because I have no idea how to go about creating assignments for this unit and this is the first time our school has offered this course. Is there any chance you can help me as I am beginning to panic about it. Any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks

7. http://sites.google.com/site/publicservicesstudent/Home/teaching-materials-1 - there is a Public Service Skills workbook which is really useful. Not my site, but we are using it quite heavily.

https://adamgale.wikispaces.com/ - my site. You can see the assignments that I have set. Use the left hand navigation to find the First Dip 1B - Public Service Skills page. There are other links for the units I am doing this year. I will eventually be adding all the other Units as well.

8. Hi
    I'm in the same situation, I need help in setting up BTech Public Services. Our school has never taught this. I have some resources that I would like to swap/share with anyone.
    Thanks Mark
    Ibbertsonmark@hotmail.com

9. Hi - I have recently taken over a group for btec level 2 public services - and I'm having difficulty with delivering unit 17. Has anyone any advice or useful links? Or ideas for assignments? Please help!!!!

10. Hello
    My son as about to satrt the BTEC Level 3 in Public Services.
    Your post says that you have some materials which might help. Would it be cheeky to ask for some copies?
    My e-mail is jeancross40@hotmail.com
    Many thanks
    Jean

11. Hi all, on the BTEC website you can download info and teacher resources to help

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/nationals10/ps/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/firsts10/ps/Pages/default.aspx

12. Hi

I am teaching Unit 32 instructing physical activity and exercise, Unit 11 Skills for water based outdoor and adventurous activities, Unit 13 command and control, Unit 12 crime and its effects, Unit 5 Physical preparation, health and lifestyle, Unit 6 Fitness testing and training and level 2 Sport and recreation.

I am having difficulties finding resources for some of the units. And some units are not even in the BTEC book. Do you know any good websites to develop some resources?

Thanks for all your help
    Steve
    email: sh404@canterbury.ac.uk

13. Hi

I am teaching Unit 32 instructing physical activity and exercise, Unit 11 Skills for water based outdoor and adventurous activities, Unit 13 command and control, Unit 12 crime and its effects, Unit 5 Physical preparation, health and lifestyle, Unit 6 Fitness testing and training and level 2 Sport and recreation.

I am having difficulties finding resources for some of the units. And some units are not even in the BTEC book. Do you know any good websites to develop some resources?

Thanks for all your help
    Stephen

14. If it is at all possible, could I get a peek at these ? :)

15. I have delivered unit 11: Water based numerous times, if this is what you are interested in let me know and I am sure I can find some info which may help in the delivery of this unit.

Terry

16. Hi hope you dont mind but came across this whilst i was trying to find some resources for a unit ive been given to teach. Public Services Unit 17 Police Powers in the Public Sevices, if you have any resources/powerpoints/lesson plans they would help so much?
    sconnell50@hotmail.com
    Thanks for looking

17. Hi hope you dont mind but came across this whilst i was trying to find some resources for a unit ive been given to teach. Public Services Unit 17 Police Powers in the Public Sevices, if you have any resources/powerpoints/lesson plans they would help so much?
    sconnell50@hotmail.com
    Thanks for looking

18. Hello all - also teaching BTEC for the first time as a RQT so not sure where to look etc for resources. I have all the specs and teacher resource pack PDF's but wondered if any of you have any resources/activity sheets/powerpoints etc ready made for L3 unit 24 - current media affairs? My email is kdavies@shs.worcs.sch.uk if you are feeling kind and generous! Thank you :)

19. I am an RQT and having to teach BTEC public services level 3 Unit 11 - Skills for Water based outdoor activities for the first time this year. If anyone has any resources that could possibly give me some guidance on how to approach lessons it will be gratefully received!

Thanks very much.