1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Desperate Scousewives

Discussion in 'Personal' started by angiebabe, Nov 29, 2011.

1. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Did anyone watch it?

2. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Did anyone watch it?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I read the title of the programme so, no, I didn't.

4. newposter

newposter Occasional commenter

I sincerely hope not.

5. Ooo, with a programme title like that I would've been on it like flies on... you know.
    As it is, I've obviously missed this little gem.
    So what channel's it on???

6. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Can you hear that low, faraway rumble?

It's John Logie Baird spinning....

7. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Of couse I would expect no less from you astute lot!
    ((Channel 4 for those who want to watch it in the closet - I actually cringed for he first 20mins and then was fascinated. I think I do know girls like these - some of them in full outfit for picking up the kids from school. What is really worrying is that younger girls are beginning to imitate them. And then I got to thinking perhaps I was one of these girls in the sixties with my false eyelashes, mini-skirts and big hair OMG!!!!! Mind you we didnt have the money these girls seem to have, we shared a Carlesberg Special not a bottle of bubbly- nor the 'posh' places to hang out - Uglies, The Babaloo and The Triton on a Friday night just don't come close HA! HA! HA! - you would know what I was laughing at if you were there too [​IMG]))

8. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

It is staged and scripted just like "Essex" and "Chelsea".
    More like desperate television (daughter is watching the original "desperate housewives" which is incomprehensible cack, obviously plotted by high school kids.

9. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I couldn't drag myself away from it. When they watch it back, do you think they are embarrassed?

10. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

They will be more concerned with how they look not what they have said or how they have acted.
    I've never watched 'Essex or Chelsea' so I have nothing to compare it to.

11. I will confess to being a huge fan of 'Made in Chelsea' - much to the disappointment and annoyance of the rest of the family. Now I only watch it on catch-up TV on a Saturday morning when there is noone else around!
    'Desperate Scousewives' is on E4. Apparently it had really good viewing figures (for E4) but is taking a lot of flack. The Liverpool Echo reviewer doesn't seem too unhappy with it though.

12. Me too.
    I have some dreadful tv choices. :)

13. I'm so glad it's not just me! [​IMG]
    E4 is fantastic for truly awful television that I just have to watch, although it does have some true gems like Misfits, Skins and The Inbetweeners. Another series that I really loved was 'Great British Hairdresser' and I don't know a single soul who had heard of it let alone watched it!

14. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

My friend's son is the barman in the 'cocktail bar scene' and me and my friend were in there the previous week chatting to him 'cos he is the bar manager and we got a free drinkiepoo - lovely boy'!!!!!!!!!!
    (I can hear you all saying 'sad, sad, sad' but hey any tentative tenticle to fame is worth mentioning don't you think?)

15. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

drinkiepoo? [​IMG]

16. Mrs_Frog

Mrs_Frog New commenter

Love it!
    Not as much as Essex or Chelsea,
    Have to be honest, really not sure about the 'Scouse brow'........

17. I wouldn't watch the others but I love Made in Chelsea.
    If the 'Italian' boy and the boy with long hair behave that way in public, they must get things thrown at them on a daily basis.

18. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Ah don't be mean - drinkiepoo = anything alcoholic [​IMG]