1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DESPERATE - CHEMBAKOLLI/INDIAN ASSEMBLY!!!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by snoopyboo, Feb 1, 2007.

1. 1 | Posted by: snoopyboo at 30 Jan 2007 08:20

Hi all,

I'm really hope you do have lots of simple ideas for this as I sat down last night and gave up as I was making it too complicated. I don't know why I have such a block about assemblies...I have to do my chembakolli assembly next thursday and just cant think what to do...i know there is so much to say, but putting together in something simple/appropriate for Year 4 seems hard....please help!
    Has anyone got any ideas/done this?

(i have seen the one on primary resources and someone already did that earlier this term)

2 | Posted by: snoopyboo at 01 Feb 2007 08:37

Is that a no? Any Hinduism stuff/any indian powerpoints would be helpful??? I scrapped it again...really must give chn a script tomorrow.

any help really would be appreciated....
    you can email me at angel.27@hotmail.com

Thanks!!!

2. 1 | Posted by: snoopyboo at 30 Jan 2007 08:20

Hi all,

I'm really hope you do have lots of simple ideas for this as I sat down last night and gave up as I was making it too complicated. I don't know why I have such a block about assemblies...I have to do my chembakolli assembly next thursday and just cant think what to do...i know there is so much to say, but putting together in something simple/appropriate for Year 4 seems hard....please help!
    Has anyone got any ideas/done this?

(i have seen the one on primary resources and someone already did that earlier this term)

2 | Posted by: snoopyboo at 01 Feb 2007 08:37

Is that a no? Any Hinduism stuff/any indian powerpoints would be helpful??? I scrapped it again...really must give chn a script tomorrow.

any help really would be appreciated....
    you can email me at angel.27@hotmail.com

Thanks!!!

3. Hey snoopyboo....i did an indian assembly before with my year 7 but equally matched for year 4 as well. But this one can either be done solely by you or get the kids to do it if they are your form. You need 6 of them to present and one on controlling powerpoint. You can just watch. Just one reharsal will do.

Hope this help.

Check your email...u got mail !

JayK

4. Wuzzy

Wuzzy New commenter

I did this topic on teaching practice - presume that you have already done the topic - how about a comparison of a typical child's day in Chembakolli and in your class from getting up to going to bed. Have different children read/talk about or act out diff times of the day etc
    Maybe include typical foods for dinner time.
    Dancing/music are very impt to the people of Chembakolli so perhaps a little live Indian music (drums etc and dancing demonstration) and contrast this with a group of children listening to MP3/CD players.

Hope this is of some use to you - good luck with your assembly

5. Hi,
    I am an NQT and I am in the same position that you were in 5 years ago! Chembakolli is my first class assembly, and there are not that many resources out there for assembly ideas! I was wondering if you have any useful tips or advice?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)