1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Design & Technology Product Design

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by AWildRabbit, Feb 19, 2020.

1. AWildRabbit

AWildRabbit New commenter

Hi everyone, I'm hoping you can help!

I've got an interview coming up for PGCE Design and Technology Product Design at Secondary. It's a school direct route and I need to prepare a 2 minute presentation on a 'teaching resource I would use in a lesson'. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what sort of teaching resource I could use, and do you think it means to present a material that might be used in D&T?

Thanks for your help!

2. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

not sure this is the right copy and paste for you - but Marco Reps has a good eye for the quality angle - old or new

3. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

It means something you would use to help you teach some skill or concept. This could be anything really, a 3d printer, SketchUp, a video from the IET, an iPhone. You'll have to explain how you'd use it to teach whatever it is your teaching.

I imagine what they are actually looking to see is if you know what sort of things are taught, look at the national curriculum and some exam board specifications, and what ideas you may have of teaching it.

4. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

I don't think that what you actually present is of primary concern it is the way you present yourself and how you think rationally about how you incorporate resources into your teaching. Whatever you decide, be confident, speak with authority and have a clear plan about how you would use your resource effectively and focus on what the STUDENTS will gain from it rather than the presentation being all about you.