1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Design and Technology in Special Education

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Tarz08, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Tarz08

Tarz08 New commenter

Does anybody have any design and technology projects which have been tried and tested in special education, and which are ultimately really fun?. I have found that going down the more mainstream route and following the 'design process' has no value for my students and visualizing/ planning is very hard for them, they thrive much better with just getting stuck in. I am struggling to create a SOW which allows this to happen but does not hinder them from accessing the range of equipment, tools, machinery that would be used in mainstream.

2. Dodros

Dodros Star commenter

On my website at http://www.specialeducationalneeds.com/home/inclusion I provide access to external resources and publications in each of the core and foundation subjects of the National Curriculum, including Design and Technology. Just follow the "Design and Technology" link next to the subheading "Special Educational Needs" under the heading "Meeting Additional Needs". A direct link to the folder is https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bw7z_4bLjOOEZXlWM0Uzb2FXaFU. I can't guarantee "fun", but you may find something interesting or useful among the ten documents there.

3. vittychurchman

vittychurchman New commenter

Hi, I teach Design & Technology in a Special Needs school. I have loads of resources I am happy to share contact me at vchurchman@treetops.thurrock.sch. We are based in Essex.

4. homeworkjoyblog

homeworkjoyblog New commenter

From so many websites, you can get resources for your teaching help in school. I know such two site , Homework joy and Homework minutes. They are popular due to their study materials among students. You can get help from there.