1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Descriptive Writing - Year 5 and 6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by crgray, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has any good ideas for descriptive writing in Year 5 and 6?? We are due OFSTED very soon and i'm starting to think about my lessons. My kids usually enjoy descriptive writing and produce some brill work so i thought it would be a good topic to choose for OFSTED.

Has anybody got any good ideas for an exciting lesson? Anything good to use as a stimulant for descriptive writing?? Something to have at the front in the classroom or a video? Anything you have tried and it has worked well? In the past we have done colour poems and autumn/snow poems.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,
    Charlotte.

2. Writing Models (various stages available) by Pie Corbett. You can get it from Amazon. I have been getting fantastic results using this resource. WELL worth the money!!

3. Thank you very much!! Ordering a copy as we speak!!

4. Glad to help, and good luck!

5. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

6. I don't know if this is quite what you're after but my year 5s have just done a piece of writing on traditional tales with a twist, which they absolutely loved!

7. Sounds very interesting - could i possibly have a look at your planning or any resources you used?? Would be VERY VERY grateful!! Thanks alot,

Charlotte
    charlottegray_15@hotmail.com