1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

descriptions of job roles - please help

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Tara Jane, Jan 26, 2011.

1. I know it's late and i am probably beingvery obtuse. There are descriptions about the different roles of Teaching Assistants (eg T.A.1 and T.A 2 etc0 and what is expected in each role. Does anyone know if there are descriptions of what is expected froma TLR1 TLR2, Assistant Head, deputy etc. Also what isgenerally the pay difference bewteen thm?
    I know I am showing my ignorance (because i never imagined achieving SMT role) but do Assistant Heads and deputy heads have a scale increment?

2. I know it's late and i am probably beingvery obtuse. There are descriptions about the different roles of Teaching Assistants (eg T.A.1 and T.A 2 etc0 and what is expected in each role. Does anyone know if there are descriptions of what is expected froma TLR1 TLR2, Assistant Head, deputy etc. Also what isgenerally the pay difference bewteen thm?
    I know I am showing my ignorance (because i never imagined achieving SMT role) but do Assistant Heads and deputy heads have a scale increment?

3. General descriptions in terms of the number of people they lead

Specific job roles rather than generic

Yes

4. It would depend on the reason for the TLR.

5. Ok another question - could 2 people of TLR2 do the role of an Assistant head in a small school

6. There is no such thing as

There are some responsibilities that in one school would be taken on by an AHT and in a different school and in other schools be taken on by a person with a TLR