1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Describing a setting- Teachers TV video

Discussion in 'Primary' started by akrimil, May 8, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I wonder if anyone could help me. I wanted to use a video off of Teachers TV called 'story starters- seven dramatised clips' and downloaded it but now it won't play because the website no longer exists. I had planned to use it for an observation this week. I was just wondering if anyone had a copy of it they could send to me or if anyone could recommend a similar video that I could use for a lesson on describing a setting?
    Please can anyone help?

2. I downloaded some things from there before it went. I've got "Story starters - nine dramatised clips" which I think was a video made later, so it won't have the same clips on. I can still let you have a copy if you'd like to change your plans!!

3. I would be so grateful if you could send it to me.
    My email address is akrimil@hotmail.co.uk
    Thank you elizabeth1972

4. akrimil, I've been trying to send the clip for about half an hour now. I've zipped it but my email program still won't send it.
    I'll have another few goes... but it's not looking good. Sorry if I raised your hopes and then can't get the bloomin' thing to get to you.

5. http://www.schoolsworld.tv/

Apparently TenAlps who made TTV will be launching this new website with all the content on May 11th. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/may/04/teachers-tv-relaunches-schoolsworld According to this Guardian article it will all be free. This may not be soon enough to save your lesson plan I'm afraid but it's useful to know for future reference. There is also a group of teachers who downloaded and saved them all and are hoping to make them available but I'm not sure how or when - google Teachers TV to find the info on that.

6. Thank you katman for the information. My lesson is on the Thursday so I might check to see if the website is up and running on the Wednesday. Think I'll try and find a plan b though, just in case. Have been searching all day though for a video of a setting without someone talking over the top. It's quite a hard find. Think I might try my dvd collection next.
    Elizabeth1972 thank you so much for trying so hard. I'm very grateful to both of you for your help!!