1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dermal fillers. Anyone had this done?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grumpydogwoman, Oct 27, 2015.

1. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Met a new person with dogs. Chatting. Turns out she does hyaluronic acid fillers. I've always been rather contemptuous of such things but I also realised I do have a wrinkle that is bugging me so I'm thinking I may do it.

She absolutely hasn't 'sold' it to me. She doesn't need the money!

Not in my lips. One forehead wrinkle and a couple of tiny ones above the upper lip. I understand I may bruise.

Any experience?

2. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Not personally, but I know a couple of women who have gone down that route, and I would say they're both addicted now. They get procedures done that they don't even need. Beware!

3. grumpydogwoman

Thank you, ck. That's both encouraging and food for thought.

4. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

My husband's theory is that when an older woman does work to smooth wrinkles on her face, his attention is drawn to the contrast with her wrinkled neck.

5. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I went to visit my aunt last week and was struck by how nice her skin looked compared to when I saw her last. She'd stopped smoking, and what a difference!

6. grumpydogwoman

Yes, I fear my décolletage is beyond help.

I am supremely youthful in appearance for 60 but this one wrinkle (OK, canyon) exasperates me. I don't smoke. You can always tell if a woman smokes, I think.

coffeekid likes this.
  7. Memphismojo

Memphismojo Established commenter

Not personally but I had a girlfriend who had it done. She regretted it because it didn't last long and the wrinkle became even deeper after around three months. It was very expensive. This was in the days when it was completely new.

8. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

You can tell from the fact that I had to look up a lot of the terms in the OP that I haven't considered such treatments
    Can you buy them by tanker loads?

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  9. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Had Botox for 8 years . Go to Dr who is a dermatologist . Trust him completely . No regrets . Well worth the dosh.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  10. grumpydogwoman

Doctor Who does fillers? Gawd, that 'man' is talented.

I think I may just go for it.

11. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Had it done in the past....fillers and botox. Not had it for over 5 years now but think I might investigate again. Results were good but do go to a good practitioner. The one I used is a dentist who does botox/fillers as well. Probably the best profession to trust sticking a needle in your face!
    Didn't regret it. Regretted stopping it.

12. grumpydogwoman

Er, she has three cocker spaniels? A woman with cockers has to be trustworthy. I hope.

13. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

A woman with one cocker spaniel might well be trustworthy. A woman with three cocker spaniels is clearly bonkers.

bombaysapphire likes this.
  14. grumpydogwoman

She is a bit bonkers. But they are very pretty dogs. Hmm, what to do?

15. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I saw an article on those hollywood types that have over done the cosmetic procedures. There was one famous actress, can't remember who but it might have been Goldie Hawn, who had had loads of fillers etc over the years. She now regretted it as it had wrecked her face in the long term as there were lots of lumps and bumps on her face. Not just because of fillers settling, but because it had caused worse wrinkles etc in the long run. I still think that years down the line we may find that botox and fillers cause cancer or some other awful diseases.
    My MIL always looks younger than my Mum who is actually 10 years younger and has fewer wrinkles. The main reason is that my MIL is always laughing and smiling, whereas my Mum in a miserable sod! Embrace those wrinkles I say, it probably means you are a laugh to be around.

16. grumpydogwoman

That's absolutely true about smiling and laughing. I really don't have many wrinkles precisely because I'm such a jolly jester. ;)

That's why the one I can see is so annoying. It wasn't there until fairly recently. Why ONE wrinkle? It makes a mockery of the baby-smooth surface on the rest of the old visage.

17. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I tell myself that.

18. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

I am but 55 and have no wrinkles on my face, certainly not round the eyes or lips. I put it down to good breeding and Celtic constitution. The natural blondes and red heds have a harder time with their skin, but that's the price of something ( let's call it breeding). I see some red heads who are 30 that have older skin than me. I look in the mirror ever day and not one wrinkle round the eyes. Oh joy!

19. Rhoswen77

Rhoswen77 Established commenter

Oh really? I doubt that very much. How's your eye sight?

BelleDuJour likes this.
  20. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

You can't laugh much then @felltoearthinberkeleysquare

BelleDuJour likes this.