1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Deputyhead interview questions please

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by chatteris50, May 13, 2012.

1. I have been shortlisted for Dh post .....school has just come out of special measures what kind of questions will i expect and what kind of things come up in intray exercises
    Thank you

2. I have been shortlisted for Dh post .....school has just come out of special measures what kind of questions will i expect and what kind of things come up in intray exercises
    Thank you

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh, well done - a new DH post for the new school year is in sight!
    The place for help for all stages of job applications is the JobSeekers Forum. And to keep you busy this weekend, go there, open the Welcome thread and read the general advice in the Interview clickables. The Interview Tips thread has a section on SLT questions.
    For in-tray exercises, do a search both on the JobSeekers Forum and the SMT Forum for "in tray", "in-tray" and plain intray.
    Do read this thread too :
    Safeguarding and Child Protection - the questions, NOT the answers. (Bump it when you've finished reading it).
    If your interview is w/beg 21 May, then you should consider getting on a bus or train and coming to our seminar:
    Seminar 19 May
    Well done again on getting your interview - we look forward to you starting a brand new thread on the JobSeekers Forum, as is our tradition, called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Best wishes

4. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Primary or Secondary?
    I've just been through interview for AHT (got it!) and was asked the following. I know the process will probably be more rigorous for DHT but likely to be many similar questions
    - your career so far and why you want this job
    - skills and attributes needed to be a successful AHT and your strengths
    - safeguarding
    - an upset parent threatening to remove child from school
    - assessment
    - time management and organisation
    - an initiative you introduced and the impact it had
    - how to motivate and enthuse colleagues
    There were a couple more as well but can't remember I'm afraid.
    Good luck!