1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Deputy interview-ensuring consistency discussion

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by clarebear2910, May 22, 2017.

1. clarebear2910

clarebear2910 New commenter

I have an interview tomorrow for a role as second in department (internal). I have to lead a discussion on consistency. Marking and feedback high priority at the moment after several internal and external scrutinies have flagged it up. Any advice appreciated. TIA.

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I think that your observers should ? be taking into account tone, body language, capacity to summarise,listen, rationalise ...
    consistency is achievable if those around the table see the value in the policy and the practice is manageable and workable( a bit if theory and research is sometimes worth quoting too) - good luck

clarebear2910 likes this.
  3. clarebear2910

clarebear2910 New commenter

Thanks a lot. It is a (kind of) re-interview for a job I have been doing temporarily but it is being made permanent. I get nervous but have made a list of key points I want to make. Good tip on the research and theory, appreciated.

4. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Welcome - Wiliam / Sadler and Hattie - all useful I think ....