1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Deputy Head interview

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by shopkins, May 18, 2011.

1. Hi, I have my first interview for a Deputy Head position next week in a Catholic Secondary school. The format of the day is meeting with student panel and staff panel. Interview with professional panel and Archdiocesan panel and then prep time for presentation. The day then ends with the presentation and selection panel.
    I realise that the ethos question will come up, what else can I expect? I have gone through my letter and tried to think of questions from there. I really don't want to make a fool of myself.
    Any advice will be gratefully received.

2. Hi, I have my first interview for a Deputy Head position next week in a Catholic Secondary school. The format of the day is meeting with student panel and staff panel. Interview with professional panel and Archdiocesan panel and then prep time for presentation. The day then ends with the presentation and selection panel.
    I realise that the ethos question will come up, what else can I expect? I have gone through my letter and tried to think of questions from there. I really don't want to make a fool of myself.
    Any advice will be gratefully received.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You might like to look at
    the help on JobSeeking, including interviews, that is available on the
    JobSeekers Forum.

Open the Welcome thread there - it has lots of clickables with tips and advice to help you present yourself effectively.

You can also post your questions on the Forum - put Dear Theo in the title to get a personal reply from me.

Best wishes!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!