1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Deputy Head Interview and interview by school pupils!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by michael1977, Apr 23, 2012.

1. michael1977

michael1977 New commenter

Hi,
    Can anyone please help me...I have an interview next week in Bury and one of the tasks/process will be to be interviewed by pupuls. I am guessing it will be the school council but was wondering if anyone has any experience of this and can help me prepare for the type of questions they may ask. In addition, any DP potential questions and tasks I may get asked would also be most appreciated.
    Thank you

2. Our children asked the candidate who they thought was going to win the League cup. Be prepared for anything, and be honest.
    Data tasks are a favourite. Analysis of Raiseonline or a year group data to look for areas for improvement.
    What is the difference between Leadership and Management is one to prepare for. Lots of questions about management of staff rather than teaching.

3. WolfPaul

WolfPaul New commenter

Which is an excellent reason for considering the current fad for pupil voice in the context of staff interviews to be a load of c.r.a.p. [​IMG]

4. I couldn't agree more. In my opinion, it is PC gone mad, and a waste of time. In fact, I think there's a lot wrong with the interview system. If you're a confident performer and can think quickly on your feet, you're in.

5. Our interviewees were asked to tell a joke and if they were a sweet what would they be and why. So be prepared.