1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Depleted cookery forum - where are Beth and CQ?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by nick909, Aug 5, 2011.

1. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Not seen them on here for ages - given they're possibly the two most prolific posters on the food forum, we're missing them!
    I think Bethannie's having laptop problems, from what I can gather on another forum, so looks like an enforced absence. Hope you're back with us soon!
    But - CQ, not seen her on here in weeks. Hope all's okay, CQ? Has she gone on her jollies, does anyone know?

2. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Not seen them on here for ages - given they're possibly the two most prolific posters on the food forum, we're missing them!
    I think Bethannie's having laptop problems, from what I can gather on another forum, so looks like an enforced absence. Hope you're back with us soon!
    But - CQ, not seen her on here in weeks. Hope all's okay, CQ? Has she gone on her jollies, does anyone know?

3. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Think I saw her here at the start of the school holidays saying she was on holiday but I know that she doesn't sometimes post on here for a while if she's busy with work .etc.
    I can only hope that's the case - I did wonder whether something had happened with her Mum. Miss Beth's writing.

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I'm sure CQ won't mind me letting you know she's on her hols at the moment!
    I'm phoning her later on to try and arrange a meet up next week, so I'll let her know you were asking for her. [​IMG]

5. I remember, manashee, she did threaten you with a visit [​IMG]

Not sure about Beth though! But I had a few days off myself a while ago - my laptop went on holiday! I hope she is well!

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

We managed to meet up in April last time she was over here. I was sure that the combined efforts of me and the mad dog might have put her off repeating the experience, but apparently not! [​IMG]
    I remember Beth having major laptop problems too. I hope she's back on line soon. We miss you, Beth!

7. I'm sure Beth is fine - as long as she is not having slow cooker problems ...

8. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I'm here!!!!!!....and I missed you all!
    Yes I've been having laptop problems. ...actually more like stupid ****ing Currys store problems! My laptop got very sick and I took it back to Currys (note to self to never buy from them again!). Actually it was taken back for me - I've been housebound for a while too. They sold me a new powerlead (old one not covered by guarantee). Plugged it in an nothing! The laptop went back along with the new power lead (for which I got a full refund)....laptop was taken into the laptop hospital for a week or two. I got a phonecall to say it was repaired, got it home and ....nothing! Curry's admitted that nothing had been done. I requested a refund for the full price of my laptop. They stated their terms and conditions - they have 4 attempts at repair! They took it back for a further week....and it came home again today! I am currently charging the battery and hoping it stays charged!
    Now....what to do first?.....I think I'll just go and check what you've all been eating for dinner over the last few weeks!

9. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

[​IMG]
    Welcome back Bethannie.

10. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Bethannie!!! Great to see you back. [​IMG]
    You have been greatly missed.