1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Department meeting friday?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Caymem, Aug 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caymem

Caymem New commenter

Hi

I've been told our department is having a summer meeting Friday to discuss plans for next year on Friday but I haven't decided what course to teach for GCSE IT can you help me decide what course and units I should teach as don't want to go with out a decision.

Please help me as much as you can please?

Also does anyone have any meeting agendas

2. NeitherMouseNorSock

NeitherMouseNorSock New commenter

Troll....hopefully!

3. Caymem

Caymem New commenter

Its not a Troll or am I trolling you. Can u help me decide what to course to teach for GCSE IT please and the units I should teach on that course

4. NeitherMouseNorSock

No, I can't. You are a professional who has been selected as having adequate skills to make such decisions. I do not know your school, it's pupils, staff skills (or gaps). It's not a lucky dip is it.

I'm staggered that you have asked people on a forum to choose your curriculum.

5. Caymem

Caymem New commenter

I just need advice to what people have taught in the past that's all I'll be making the final decision don't u worry mate

6. NeitherMouseNorSock

Mate, you seem to post very regularly on several forums for 'advice'. My advice would be to start doing some work yourself. What do you think you should teach? Then others may comment.

7. Caymem

Caymem New commenter

So u r saying I should decide what course to teach before asking people for help.

8. Caymem

Caymem New commenter

9. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

Did you make your revision timetable in the end then?

10. Caymem

Caymem New commenter

Revison timetable for what? What do I need a revision timetable for?

11. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

46 6f 72 20 74 68 65 20 72 65 73 69 74 73 20 79 6f 75 20 64 69 64 20 6c 61 73 74 20 79 65 61 72 2e 20 44 69 64 20 79 6f 75 20 70 61 73 73 3f

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  12. Caymem

Caymem New commenter

I'm confused

13. Caymem

Caymem New commenter

What u on about?

14. NeitherMouseNorSock

77 6f 77 2c 20 69 74 27 73 20 6c 69 6b 65 20 67 6f 6f 67 6c 65 20 64 6f 65 73 6e 27 74 20 65 78 69 73 74

Dkeith and Stiltskin like this.
  15. Caymem

Caymem New commenter

I'm confused

16. blue451

blue451 Senior commenter

Caymem, about a year and half ago you were posting for help with BTEC units. Maybe that was because you were starting to teach BTEC for the first time. If you survived that, you will survive GCSE.

Maybe you are just stressed and panicking, but it sounds like you are clueless. Assuming the former, calm down, have a look at some GCSE specs and see what's covered, look at the units are broken into and use that as a starting point.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  17. Caymem

Caymem New commenter

I'm not clueless just stressed. Have u taught gcse before if so are u able to send me some of the resources u have used please.

18. blue451

blue451 Senior commenter

I don't teach CS or ICT, sorry.

19. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Your school is having a departmental meeting in August? And all the teaching staff have come back from their holidays for it? What sort of school is it and what country is it in?

20. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

SGUgaXMgbm90IGEgdGVhY2hlci4gSGlzIGVtYWlsIG1hdGNoZXMgYSBwcm9maWxlIGluIHN0dWRlbnRyb29tIAogd2Vic2l0ZSB3aGVyZSBoZSBpcyBub3cgYmFubmVkLiA=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.