1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Demonstration Lesson for an job interveiw

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by aburford4, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am a NQT, I have my first job interview. I would like some ideas for an engaging 30mins demonstration Food Technology lesson, can anyone help. Thanks

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Don't take advice off here. Lots of heads and such patrol these forums and it may actually stop you getting the job.Your best bet is to come up with a rough plan and ask someone for their feedback either on here (send it via PM and not on the forum) or a mentor/your tutor/other students who aren't going to that interview.
    Best of luck, I'm sure you'll be fabulous x

3. janharper

janharper Occasional commenter

Surely the school would recommend a topic, otherwise you could be repeating what they did last week? Don't rely 100% on using a whiteboard, if you do, even if it is just for a PowerPoint, check you have the same version, or save as an older version. Always have Plan B incase something goes wrong!

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I agree with this. Save as pdf if you can and make sure you have worksheets they can share for if the computer breaks etc. And have enough for the class. Someone on the unemployed forum was told the school would photocopy sheets and they didn't give them back until after the lesson. Its a pain but best to overprepare. xx

5. Bushtucker trial

6. But don;t poison anyone. ask about food allergies first.