1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Demo lesson help!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jgblake94, Apr 21, 2018.

1. jgblake94

jgblake94 New commenter

I need some help! Got an interview on Monday. 20 min writing session with whole class of year 4 but need to plan for ability of year 2 to year 4. Any ideas? I haven't taught a proper class in over a year

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Always start from your LO. What you want the children to learn from the session.
    Find a Y4 objective and then compare the expectations of Yr 3 & 2 for some differentiation.

nomad likes this.
  3. jgblake94

jgblake94 New commenter

I'm just struggling to think of something that can be done in 20mins!

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

But you can plan for a whole lesson and then decide which parts it is realistic to deliver within the time limit. Leave your plans for how you would then follow up.

To my mind it would probably be easier to plan a grammar objective to use in some writing an then have a quick peer assessment of their success.

umorun and nomad like this.
  5. umorun

umorun New commenter

Prepare your plan, make sure you begin with a less complicated introduction. You could ask the children if they have come across the key word in your LO, start by asking what they already know and teach what you have in your plan. Make your activity fun, simple and very informative. And don't forget to properly manage your time.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.