1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Delighted of Dukhan

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by moscowbore, May 21, 2009.

1. tyler durden

tyler durden New commenter

I can recommend IFS for shipping to Qatar. Very little fuss and quite cheap.

2. taliep

taliep New commenter

hi Im in the process of using IFS to ship out to Qatar. They are picking up on Friday and my school has recommended them so I dont need to worry about scams etc.

To ship 2 boxes which in total weigh 20kg it has cost me roughly £300. But I dont need to pay any of this till I arrive in Doha. Also the school I hope is going to give me some money towards it to.

I would recommend this company as so far the have been really helpful.

Hope that helps

3. Hi Qatarsoon...I am new to the forum so hopefully this will reach you.
    I have read a number of reviews and your responses and just wanted your views. We are considering a move to ME, but are a little anxious about the impact on our 3 kids...13, 8 & 6. We spent 12 months in the Channel Islands which did not work out for a number of reasons. Would be interested on your views, particularly as you mention having teenagers.

4. moscowbore

moscowbore Lead commenter

Dear jam_masters
    I have sent you a personal message

5. orangepatriot

orangepatriot New commenter

HI there,

I am very excited as I have an interview in London very soon. Any tips for this? What kind of questions I might be asked? I've trawled the school website, but any other info I'd be grateful for.

Cheers

6. Hiya, I too have an interview so if you get any tips then please pass them on. When is your interview?

7. <font size="2">Hi there, first I would like to wish you all the success in your interview. The school here is great and the kids are wonderful. Staff here is from heaven in all sense, and if you will be successful you will really enjoy your time in here. Things to have in mind that you will be in the ME; so you should expect some downs here and there. Having said that Qatar is improving in that sense in a steady way. </font><font size="2"> Regarding the interview, if you have been shortlisted the interview is gona be more or less about to know you. Express your self ask questions when you need to as they will give you a chance to ask (so prepare them). The interview you will have will be almost different from all other interviews in the UK. Nothing to worry about just be prepare to answer questions such as your input for the international students, poor English, willing to accommodate changes and contributing to the community as well. </font>

8. orangepatriot

hi,

had my interview this morning. went well... i think.

have been asked to go to harley st. for a 'pre employment medical' tomorrow. is this a good sign or does every shortlisted person get the medical. have been told i'll find out in about 3 weeks

fingers crossed.

sorry for lack of caps btw - dodgy keyboard

9. Hello, congrats on your interview. It sounds like it went well. Mine is tomorrow so any tips would be really appreciated. Thanks

10. PuRe

PuRe Occasional commenter

Yes everyone goes I believe

11. orangepatriot

renecjn - how'd it go?

12. I have an interview in Qatar in 2 weeks.
    Anyone else going? anyone any advice?
    what is involved in the medical, I imagine that I will have to do one there............
    Thanks
    Juana

13. moscowbore

moscowbore Lead commenter

I had my interview in Qatar. You will spend pretty much a day doing the medical then a day at the school. The medical is very thorough. Chest xray, blood tests, urine sample, heart monitor, hearing test and filling in a load of forms. You will also visit HR for a wee chat. They are very full days.

14. Hi
    It went ok but I always think I could have done better. The Head and HR man were both very friendly. Should hear w/c 14 March. Let me know how you get on!

15. yes it does.
    Teacher need only give 1 months notice. HOD 3 months SMT 3 months as well I think.
    I am very jealous and wishing I was coming to Qatar. Have been to the airport many times on the way to Abu Dhabi and Saudi tho!
    Good luck everyone.

16. We're coming too!!! all very exciting. We've done the medicals and the references just waiting for the all go to resign. What are you going to be teaching? Are you bringing any family with you?

17. jut1233456

jut1233456 New commenter

That's normal, nothing to worry about.

18. ItchyFeet1

ItchyFeet1 New commenter

Hi all,
    Thought I would tag along with this thread.
    I have just seen they are advertising a lot of teaching posts in the TES.
    I have been to Doha and would like to return to Qatar to teach.
    I hadn't considered Dukhan but it sounds great for me and for my daughter.
    I qualify in June. Does anyone know if this school hires NQT's?
    Thanks in advance. (-If any of you still keep tabs on this thread?)

19. Afraid the school does not employ NQTs as I think minimum 2-3 years needed

20. is this school still hiring? Did anyone get any feedback from them? Thnaks