1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Delayed Contract after Easter

Discussion in 'Staff, pupil & parent's wellbeing' started by amylyall85, Mar 26, 2020.

1. amylyall85

amylyall85 New commenter

Hi,

I hope someone can please help me? I signed my contract to start a teaching role, for the summer term, a few weeks ago with a specific start date until 31st August. The school has told me that they are delaying my contract indefinitely as they don't really need me right now. I need to know if, legally, they can do this? I emailed the union a week ago and I'm waiting for them to come back to me still, and I'm trying to find work but there's not much out there :( Thanks, Amy

2. shevington

shevington Occasional commenter

Please ring your Union at the local Regional Centre.

Phone numbers will be on the National web sites.

3. Robak1991

Robak1991 New commenter

Contact your old school if they can put you back on their books so that you can receive 80% of your wages.

4. HolyMahogany

HolyMahogany Senior commenter

I assume you mean the extra wages money from the government. I don't think this will work. If Amy goes back on the books of her old school then they will have to pay her wages since schools are still receiving their income from the government. Of course they may offer her some work to cover on their rota if they have too many people who have to isolate.