1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Degree or not?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by jwest0, Jun 7, 2011.

1. I have applied for a PGCE Secondary place and have been interviewed at my chosen provider. However they are unable to offer me a place. They have told me that they cannot establish what class of degree I hold - honours, 2;1, 2:2? Obviously they need to satisfy their entry requirements under the new guidelines. My degree equivalent is in banking which I obtained 20 years ago. Has anyone else had a similar problem with professional qualifications? I'm worried that other providers will also refuse me a place.

2. I have applied for a PGCE Secondary place and have been interviewed at my chosen provider. However they are unable to offer me a place. They have told me that they cannot establish what class of degree I hold - honours, 2;1, 2:2? Obviously they need to satisfy their entry requirements under the new guidelines. My degree equivalent is in banking which I obtained 20 years ago. Has anyone else had a similar problem with professional qualifications? I'm worried that other providers will also refuse me a place.

3. This isn't a question that the TDA can answer. Anyone else?