1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Degree & DTLLS, P.E

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by Grant_87, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Hi Guys,
    Some information wanted regarding the chances of employment in a secondary physical education teaching role. I am 25 and unfortunately have a 3rd class degree so a PGCE is out of the window. I understand now that if you gain DTLLS you can gain QTLS which can now make you eligible to work in schools. What are my chances of employment regarding the QTLS and my degree?
    I have been working in various schools from 1 year to year 11 for the last five years delivering sport with numerous coaching qualifications. I play an assistant lead delivering alternative education who aren't quite achieving A-C grades mainly due to attendance/behaviour.
    Any feedback is much appreciated.
    Thank you.

2. Hi Guys,
    Some information wanted regarding the chances of employment in a secondary physical education teaching role. I am 25 and unfortunately have a 3rd class degree so a PGCE is out of the window. I understand now that if you gain DTLLS you can gain QTLS which can now make you eligible to work in schools. What are my chances of employment regarding the QTLS and my degree?
    I have been working in various schools from 1 year to year 11 for the last five years delivering sport with numerous coaching qualifications. I play an assistant lead delivering alternative education who aren't quite achieving A-C grades mainly due to attendance/behaviour.
    Any feedback is much appreciated.
    Thank you.

3. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

If you want to teach sport then go private. Get qualifications in rugby, football and cricket, and make contact with private schools.
    Even if you became a PE teacher the job prospects at the moment aren't great.

4. Ok thank you jonny, would a private school not see the 3rd and frown as I thought they would tend to be hot on having the best of the best with grades?