1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Degree classification

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by catrennie84, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Dear Theo,

I wonder if you can give me some advise.

I have been working in a primary (prep) school for five years, 2 as Director of Music. I am a qualified secondary music teacher and A level music examiner and am applying for music teaching jobs in independent secondary schools with my wife, who is a qualified secondary history teacher.

My potential problem is that I have a 2:2 degree (from Durham in Music). In mitigation, I missed a year of my secondary schooling due to a very aggressive cancer that required extensive chemotherapy and surgery, which led to many side effects that continued throughout my degree.

Obviously I am not going to explain this on letters of application etc., however would it be possible for my Headmaster from school (who I have kept in touch with and until recently was my referee) to write to these schools in support of my application? I am very keen that my 2:2 does not to hold me back from being shortlisted.

Many thanks,

2. Dear Theo,

I wonder if you can give me some advise.

I have been working in a primary (prep) school for five years, 2 as Director of Music. I am a qualified secondary music teacher and A level music examiner and am applying for music teaching jobs in independent secondary schools with my wife, who is a qualified secondary history teacher.

My potential problem is that I have a 2:2 degree (from Durham in Music). In mitigation, I missed a year of my secondary schooling due to a very aggressive cancer that required extensive chemotherapy and surgery, which led to many side effects that continued throughout my degree.

Obviously I am not going to explain this on letters of application etc., however would it be possible for my Headmaster from school (who I have kept in touch with and until recently was my referee) to write to these schools in support of my application? I am very keen that my 2:2 does not to hold me back from being shortlisted.

Many thanks,