1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Degree Choice into teaching

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by zsiddiqui123, Jan 30, 2011.

1. thinking of doing BA(Hons) in childhood and youth studies with open university...would this be a good degree to help me apply for primary pgce??has any1 done this degree and what are you doing now please help!!!

2. thinking of doing BA(Hons) in childhood and youth studies with open university...would this be a good degree to help me apply for primary pgce??has any1 done this degree and what are you doing now please help!!!

3. Speaking as a careers adviser rather than a teacher I would suggest that you contact the course leader (s) at the uni (s) that you would like to do the PGCE at & discuss its suitability for your ultimate goal - eg PGCE then primary teaching.
    In my experience only admission tutors can answer this question with any authority as unis have their own entry requirements.
    I hope this helps.

4. How much (if any) national curriculum subject content does this degree include? Remember you will be training (during your PGCE) to teach most of the core subjects (maths, English, science, history etc). I suspect your degree would have to include some of these ... but you really need to ask an admissions tutor at one of your local universities excatly what sort of degree they want.
    OtC