1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Definition of a teacher for AWR purpose!!!

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by cliveceltic, Mar 20, 2012.

1. So my agency are using various tactics to get out of the AWRs and their latest is to quote from the DFE (I think it was them) that you have to be planning and assessing and reporting to be classed as a teacher therefore my long term placement where the work is left means I don't qualify. I do PPA and an HLTA plans for me her and a fully paid contracted teacher. Apparently I am just a cover supervisor and the agency are already overpaying me 15 quid a day as I am being paid their teacher flat rate!! They have admitted I should be on PAYE not self emotes as I am some trader and they should not pay me unless a Ltd company so after Easter they are putting me back on PAYE. They have offered to pay for an accountant for me to sort out this years books for me as I have incurred more self emotes work than I set out to last April. Still waiting to hear back from my union. I guess it's unusual to get a long term post that doesn't inolve planning but they may as well not bothered getting a teacher for this job and a non qualified CS. Oh well.

2. So my agency are using various tactics to get out of the AWRs and their latest is to quote from the DFE (I think it was them) that you have to be planning and assessing and reporting to be classed as a teacher therefore my long term placement where the work is left means I don't qualify. I do PPA and an HLTA plans for me her and a fully paid contracted teacher. Apparently I am just a cover supervisor and the agency are already overpaying me 15 quid a day as I am being paid their teacher flat rate!! They have admitted I should be on PAYE not self emotes as I am some trader and they should not pay me unless a Ltd company so after Easter they are putting me back on PAYE. They have offered to pay for an accountant for me to sort out this years books for me as I have incurred more self emotes work than I set out to last April. Still waiting to hear back from my union. I guess it's unusual to get a long term post that doesn't inolve planning but they may as well not bothered getting a teacher for this job and a non qualified CS. Oh well.