1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Deferred training

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by godders504, Feb 10, 2020.

1. godders504

godders504 New commenter

Hello, good tes people,
    I have currently deferred my scitt training in secondary science at stage 2 , I have the option to return -I'm thinking of possibly in September.
    The reason for the deferral was that I was getting behind in my planning spending lots of time planning and producing substandard lesson plans, I was thinking of 1 lesson at a time and found it hard to plan through a topic. I didn't seem to be able to listen to advice and act on it -which for me is strange as I crave advice -hence this thread. The positive side was I loved being in the classroom at all years and seemed to build relationships with the students easily.
    I don't know if it's normal to work 7 days a week in training but I was beginning to resent it . Now I am looking for a temporary job while I consider what to do next. I don't want to start back in September and have the same sense of dread and anxiety I have just had , yet I already miss the classroom.
    So If anyone cares to comment I would appreciate opinions,
    thanks. :)