1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Defering entry to teacher training

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by catrionat, Jan 21, 2011.

1. I'm considering applying for teacher training at some point as I had to withdraw for personal reasons this year. Does anyone know if you can delay your entry? for example, if you get accepted after the interview stage can you defer entry until the following intake? If so, do they only accept this on medical grounds? If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. I'm just thinking out loud! Thanks...

2. I'm considering applying for teacher training at some point as I had to withdraw for personal reasons this year. Does anyone know if you can delay your entry? for example, if you get accepted after the interview stage can you defer entry until the following intake? If so, do they only accept this on medical grounds? If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. I'm just thinking out loud! Thanks...

3. I don't think you can - you definitely can't for Glasgow anyway. it might be different in different Uni's but i know that if you get accepted for Glasgow you have to take your place or reject it.