1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dedicated headship time

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by remindmeagain, Jun 13, 2012.

1. On another thread some colleagues have mentioned this. I can see the value of half a day working from home to actually <u>complete</u> tasks without all and sundry asking for "a quick word" ( I learned very early on the excellent principle of open door policy and starting most conversations with the word "yes").
    Does anybody set aside <u>and use</u> time to work at home? I am more likely to (rarely) close my door and say do not disturb unless it is Cp etc........ That can work. Sometimes!

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I did it once. I found it far too difficult to get up off the sofa and put daytime TV off, so I never did it again.

3. bnm

bnm

I don't like the concept of working from home, as I like to "work at work" and "relax and be me" at home.
    If I need peace and quiet I either go in early (before 7am) or stay late. Very, very occasionally I have been known to go in to work on a Saturday or Sunday.
    I get lots done on the days in the holidays when I go into work. I find a few hours when I'm well rested during the holidays are well spent, and keep me on top of the paperwork in the term ahead.

4. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

If you've childcare to sort out being in at 7 or leaving at 9 can prove tricky, as can weekends. I'm lucky enough to be able to do this because my husband will usually be around to look after the children but not all heads have that level of flexibility..

5. Agreed curlygirl - me too!